Thursday, December 09, 2010

Thirsty Thursday....

Still time to get your fav four songs of all time.
Lots of interesting lists.  Go here and click comments section at the bottom.  New Johnnyk list (hey, I can do as many as I like):
  1. Lived in Bars- Cat Power (forgot about this until G-Man reminded me; that voice! great video, too!)
  2. Lay Around the Shanty- Jonathan Edwards (who didn't see this guy at least five times in CT in the 1970's!)
  3. Christmas Card From a Hooker In Minneapolis- Tom Waits (last song on my first XMas CD, Johnny K Has the Blues This Christmas; some loved it, many hated it; I think it's a wonderfully sad holiday song)
  4. The Wanderer- Dion (Bronx street corner cool back in the day)

Sad news on the doorstep.
Aretha Franklin has (possibly incurable) pancreatic cancer - story

Email from Plantsville's own, The Sawtelles!
New CD release party Saturday night @ cafe nine, state street, new haven w/ frank critelli-type of music and ed leonard's age of reason.  We're told 9pm.  We do not know the order but you should stay for all bands anyway as they are all of our friends and make some awesome music. 


our new disc:  tryptych.  colors:  blue/gold/silver  why not one color like usual?  because there are three different types of songs, regular guitar, banjo, and slide guitar songs, three each.


email me for nutcracker info.  one is this sunday 2p @ the learning corridor over by hartford hosp (traditional-type of dancing).  I am the Mouse Battle Queen and in the Snow and Flower scenes. and saturday dec 18th 2p and 8p w/CONNetic Dance, which is presenting a very contemporary version of the nutcracker.  I am in various scenes thruout the production.  @ the aetna theatre wadsworth athenaum hartford.


Touch me, babe, can't you see that I am not afraid...
Jim Morrison has been pardoned for his indecent exposure, but I'm not sure he appreciates the gesture - story

No comments: