Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Gumbo & The Studs finally arrive...

First, late last night (I think it's late morning there), Johnny Gumbo finally graces us with his fav four, together with a jab at UConn Huskies football:

OK, here's the Gumbo's.
1.Peggy Sue - Buddy Holly (first record I ever bought at age 10)
2.Whiskey River - Willie Nelson (opener for every Willie concert and his signature song)
3.I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2 (best song from the best album ever recorded)
4.Late in the Evening - Paul Simon (love that salsa rhythm and the horn section)

By the way.....UCONN in a BCS bowl game...come on....you Huskie fans have to be a little embarrassed .... another example of why college football needs a playoff system!

from the left coast.......jg

Next, late this afternoon, Barry can't contain himself, he shows off by giving us an extra category:
I'm assuming u want my favorite four; because i'm late I will give my cajun fav. four and my all time favorites:
cajun
Buddy Guy - feels like rain
Theresa Andersson - I am I
Boozoo Chavis - give me cornbread
Wayne toups - sweet Jolene
alltime
David Bowie - young american
ZZ top - La grange
lyle lovett - She's no lady
Van Morrison - Tupelo honey
                 how's that barry

Last (and arguably least), Marky G:
JK: Just too many favs to narrow to 4 as it all depends on the scene
1.Muddy Waters = I'm your hoochie coochie man
2.Clash = London Calling
3.Beatles = Let it be
4.Etta James = I'd rather go blind
A close #5 = Stevie Ray Vaughn = Superstition (I know Stevie Wonder did it but please 1 of the best covers ever)

JK observation:  
Actually, these guys really do know their shit, but that statement is off the record because I'd never hear the end of it.  Kudos to Gumbo for the accompanying personal connections; Barry, very nice call with the Lyle Lovett, but is the Theresa Andersson pick for the song or the singer? Mark, Etta James would kick your ass!

No comments: