Friday, December 10, 2010

Road kill....

So, I'm driving from my house to my office early Friday afternoon listening to Gil Scott-Heron's new CD, when I look in the rear view mirror and see this truck-type vehicle RIGHT ON MY ASS!  Hmmmmmm, did I cut someone off at that last intersection.  No, I'm pretty sure I didn't.  Well, fuck him then.  But he/they continue to blink lights, blare the horn.  Assholes.  He/they persist, so I'm thinking, wtf?  And i pull over.  They pull up next to me.  THE POOL HALL STUDS!  I was right.  ASSHOLES!  Hey, join us for a drink at the Hearthstone Pub?  Oh, okay.

A toast to Johnny Gumbo out in the Great Northleft.  Jazz Fest about five months away and Gumbo has already booked the rooms at Staybridge, but jury is out whether or not he will settle his ongoing two-year feud with Mother's, located right across the street.  (Gumbo email: Attached are the reservations for the rooms in NOLA at Staybridge for the Fest. Both rooms are guaranteed under my card but are not pre-paid and can be cancelled up to 24 hours prior. Comes out to $107+/night/person.  The hotel was willing to honor my request that my  and JK's room not look out over that rip-off joint across the street that pretends to serve food).   Mark in town to put down Brown Betty.  Yes, a sad day.  One wonders if she should have instead been shipped out west to the vast Johnny Gumbo Museum of Misused Vehicles for her final resting place.

Meanwhile, AJ's/Bonterra staff picks for the Fav Four project:
michele
stones - mothers little helper
billie holiday - god bless the child
harry chapin - cats in the cradle
zeppelin - tangerine
donald
eagles hotel california
floyd - wish u were here
jim croce - time in a bottle
u2 - one ( cover by warren haynes )
hillary
melissa etheridge I'm the only one
meatloaf - paradise by the dashboard light (YouTube)
queen - bohemian rhapsody
roberta flack - killing me softly


JK comment: Before we go any further, excellent call on the Paradise by the Dashboard Light. Great song; actually, great album. Meatloaf should have quit after this one. Ellen Foley (who preceded Margie Post on Night Court) was the chick singer. R.I.P. Phil Rizzuto.

1 comment:

johnny gumbo said...

Sad news about Brown Betty. A true friend in need.

j gumbo