Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Johnny Gumbo, there is no 'I' in team (unless, of course, Mark is spelling)...

Teim????
Barry calls yesterday saying he's looking at flights to Nola for this year's Jazz Fest and has found a great rate on Expedia.  Only problem is that we'd be leaving Newark early Wednesday evening instead of early Thursday morning.  No prob, book it (although I was a tad put off by the little chuckle as I provided my date of birth).  So, we'll be arriving late evening and hook up with Gumbo when he arrives.  Oh?  Gumbo says he's not coming in from the  Great North Left until late Thursday?  WTF?  

Barry:  Hey JR, just reading the N.Y. Times food critic named the fried oyster blt at Cochon one of his best 15 dishes of the year.  I can see u eating it right now and my mouth is watering.   I know this opens up the Mother's joke for you other guys, but I didn't want to go there.

JR:  Thanks, and I know that at Cochon their service is great BECAUSE THEY CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!! 

JK:  It's because of the naval presence at Cochon's bar.  And, by the way, are you eating all of that?  (Btw, I've slept at Johnny Gumbo's Nude Lounge and it's not a pretty sight!)

Mark:  Allow me to introduce myself.  I'm just here being The Big Me.

No comments: