Sunday, October 16, 2011

Oakland Raiders (sans Al Davis) 24, Cleveland Browns 17...

I'll be fine when you're gone
I'll just cry all night long
Say it isn't true
And don't it make my Brown eyes blue
(cmt.com) - Her first-ever album, titled simply Crystal Gayle, was released in 1974, and the following year she landed her first Top Ten country hit, "Wrong Road Again." In 1976, "I'll Get Over You" became the first of her 17 number one country singles. Reynolds, feeling that Gayle was poised for a larger breakthrough, encouraged her to record the jazz-flavored pop ballad "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue," which he felt sure had crossover potential. He was right -- not only did the song hit number one on the country charts in 1977, it also climbed to number two on the pop side, garnered substantial international airplay, and won Gayle a Grammy for Best Female Country Vocal. Plus, the accompanying album, We Must Believe in Magic, became the first by a female country artist ever to go platinum. (the whole enchilada

She also recorded the soundtrack of Francis Ford Coppola's One From the Heart with Tom Waits (a very good find if you happen upon it; I have it in vinyl):

No comments: