Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Those oldies but goodies...

We're getting ready to move Garrett to Brooklyn tomorrow morning and I've got my iPod on 'oldies' shuffle....a sample:

  • Bristol Stomp....no matter that it was about Bristol, TN, this was really cool in Bristol, CT in HS
  • Sixteen Candles....everyone has had his own Molly Ringwald
  • Until I Kissed Ya....Everly Brothers are SO underrated
  • I Need Your Love Tonight...Elvis
  • Try Me (I Need You)....James Brown & His Famous Flames
  • Sleep Walk....Santos & Johnny
  • Sea Cruise....Frankie Ford
  • Lonely World...Dion & the Belmonts
  • Hey Little Girl....Dee Clark
  • Raindrops....Dee Clark
  • The One Who Really Loves You...Mary Wells
  • Midgie....Jack Scott
  • Walkin' To New Orleans....Fats Domino...sure wish he played at Jazz Fest last year
  • Matilda...Cookie & the Cupcakes
  • Dancing In the Street....Martha & the Vandellas....STILL sounds great!
  • He Hit Me (and it felt like a kiss)...The Crystals....this is VERY weird; a Phil Spector (at least he didn't shoot you!)
  • Hey Baby....Bruce Chanel...harmonica by Delbert McClinton....one of my all-time favorites
  • No comments: