Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sarah, Bob Dylan and Jack White.....a brother-in-law perspective......

Email from Peter G, he of excellent music taste....

Sarah Borges at Johnny D's in Somerville, MA: I met up with Andy and his friends there. Good show, some new songs. Johnny D's is a great place to watch music. Not too loud, an enthusiastic crowd, people get up and dance. She is a very smooth performer, I think very professional. She had her minimum band....no guest stars like at the Lizard. She didn't go on until about 11:30, but I had paced myself with football, so it wasn't bad. Said hello to Sarah after the show, mentioned that my brother in law is her number one fan...."Oh yeah, Johnny K" (photo set from snowriderguy)

Bob Dylan/Reconteurs at Boston University: Last weekend saw Bob Dylan and the Raconteurs (Jack White) at BUs new hockey arena. It's a really nice venue.....but the Raconteurs were unbearably loud and completely un-interesting...just awful, just plain noise....isn't that what they said about Stravinski? It's a generation thing....I think Jonathan is a big Jack White fan, and Ron and Ned and Aidan loved it....Carolyn, however, arranged to not even come to the concert until after the Raconteurs were finished...a wise move. Anyway, I enjoy the club experience much more.

johnny k response: Sarah, I'm not your number one fan, that would be kinda creepy.....but I am a SB evangelist.....and I like the club venue also. Sarah and her Broken Singles will perform at Cafe Nine in New Haven on Saturday, December 9. Be there!!

No comments: