Sunday, January 08, 2012

I want a Sunday kind of love, a love that lasts past Saturday night...

Hoop Dreams
Oh fer Jersey, boys...Huskies lose to Seton Hall and Rutgers.  Blame it on Roscoe.  Meanwhile, QU Bobcats (really Braves) oh fer NYC, losing to St. Francis and LIU.  Blame it on Gene Z.  Returning up Route 10 after the Bobcats' loss, got stuck behind this car with a big NY Yankees decal on the back window.  It was SO annoying, we couldn't pass it - I kinda felt like the Red Sox!

Jessica Latshaw (subway chick) via Facebook:   "It's all settled, then. Going into the studio tomorrow. Laying 'ain't my friend' down so that my magician friends can put it on itunes and my super kind and supportive friends can buy it. WHOA (and spread the word)!"

Interesting piece on 60s soul/funk singer Betty Harris (produced by Allen Toussaint), who, it turns out, has been living right here in Middletown CT all these years.  After not performing professionally for many years because she lost control of her career, she has refocused with her own band and has started performing again.  We missed her last night at Trinity-On-Main in New Britain.  Htfd Advocate article
Cry To Me   (awesomely excellent)
I'm Evil Tonight
What Did I Do Wrong     
What a Sad Feeling  

Crisp, clear Sunday morning trail music: Father, Son and Holy Ghost (Girls).....excellent album, gave it to G-Man for Xmas:
How Can I Say I Love You 
My Ma       

The Tony Award-winning musical Memphis coming to The Bushnell January 10-15.  (Htfd Courant story)

Tom Ardolino, longtime drummer for NRBQ, passed away on Friday.  This is a clip from the Agora Ballroom in West Hartford, CT that was televised on "Friday Night Concert" in 1986.

No comments: