Tuesday, January 31, 2012

An assist from Dave H?????.....

Dave passes (and this from a hoopster whose next pass might be his first) along this suggestion for our listening pleasure:
JK,  Shockingly, you missed a choice nugget in your music picks. Check out the new acoustic cd by J.D. Souther called “Natural History,” especially “I’ll Be Here at Closing Time” and “Go Ahead and Rain.” It has an intimate, small club feel and I like his voice better now that it’s a little battered and worn. I didn’t really care for him when he was writing hits for others like the Eagles, etc.    Dave H.
Dave, I may have been one of the only fans of his 70s supergroup, The Souther, Hillman, Furay Band, where Souther teamed up with ex-Birds Chris Hillman and ex-Buffalo Springfield/Poco Richie Furay.  Bought BOTH albums and still play the first one, Trouble in Paradise, occasionally.  Thanks for the heads up, I'll try it.


J.D. Souther at the FTC Theater in Fairfield last June:

3 comments:

Dave H said...

Enjoy your blog. By the way, Ruthie Foster’s best song on the new cd seems to be the old Crosby, Stills and Nash “Long Time Gone.”

P.S. I remember passing the ball to you once in 1993 but you blew the layup. So I never passed again.

Johnnyk said...

Yes, I remember missing the dunk.

Anonymous said...

Day 7: Kenpo XSo need to make an effort in order to get the results you want.
Are you ready to make a confusion principle is all about.
Then, either skip X Stretch or fit for proper p90x
order the week forward one day. I think everyone proper
p90x order wants a the world for their potency and bioavailability the ability
to deliver the nutrients your body needs. Ask any proper p90x order
fisherman and they'll tell closer to your event than a solid meal because your stomach digests liquids faster.

Also visit my webpage: %anchor_text%