Thursday, May 10, 2007

More Farquahr info thanks to John Wood...

Hi JohnnyK,

I just recently saw you blog regarding some friends of mine known as the Fabulous Farquahr. I've been friends with the grouip since 1968 and have seen them in concert at least 100 different times at probably 25 different venues around the New England area. I'll keep this short for now as this posting appears to be back in October 2006 and at this point I'm not certain if this is still a current email address for you or if this message will ever reach you. I don't know if there is any way that you can post this message onto your site, but if so and you choose to do so I'm certain that I might be able to help some of the folks that have logged on with whatever questions they might have about the group.

I notice that some of the folks responding to your site have asked questions regarding wording and availablity of some of their singles and albums. To Cape Cod Girl and Anonymous both "My Eggs Don't Taste the Same Without You" and "Cloud Nine Motel" are available on their CD entitled "From The Top". I don't know if this would be of interest to anyone, but if anyone is interested in obtaining a copy of the CD I'd be happy to call Bob McGowan to see if there are any presently available at this point. I've been friends with these guys for almost 40 years and they are still hands down still the best group that I have ever seen.

Regards, jw email

1 comment:

RunawayJim said...

I'm not sure how active this blog is still or how much you're still getting info on the Farquahr, but I emailed you and I emailed John Wood (his address no longer works, unfortunately) trying to find more info. I grew up in Branford and remember seeing them a few times at the Branford Festival. A good friend of mine lived down the street from Danny MacGowan, a nephew of the MacGowan's. I'm looking to find some of their music in a format other than vinyl (CD would be ideal). Is there any way to get a copy of anything anymore or is it all lost in music history?