Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Brothers K stalk the Raveonettes at Southpaw....

A concert review gleaned from Daily Nuggets

About a month ago, JK and I (G-Man) went to a concert of his choice, The Raveonettes…they were visiting NYC and that night played in Brooklyn, our home borough, at “Southpaw”…a solid venue for a concert, small enough to get a good spot for viewing, but large enough to leave room in between the smelly stranger you got stuck standing next to…going into the concert, I remained open-minded because that’s just the way that I am…this was JK’s band, and previously I’d listened to the Raveonettes…I liked the music, but was turned off by the apparent voice distortion of vocalists, Sune Rose Wagner and Sharin Foo…JK advised, “When in doubt, just stare at Ms. Foo…she never fails to entertain”…and I quickly observed she was sporting the cleavage for tonight…how thoughtful…

…We got there an hour early for entrance into “Southpaw”…this was to get good spots, and to throw down drinks…another method to create entertainment for self in case the music didn’t supply enough…we maintained by the bar, and I was leaning against it, showing off my backside, for I was wearing my new pair of tighter jeans…JK hit me on the shoulder, which I didn’t appreciate, but he did so to point out that Sharin Foo just walked by…I forgave him…he had informed me that she was white and Asian, a deadly combo, but I didn’t believe it until now…me and Tokyo Rose will make beautiful kid’s…that is for sure... - complete story

No comments: