Thursday, October 26, 2006

The latest disc grab....


  • James Hunter (James Hunter)- Johnny Gumbo blew him off to dance the night away at R&R last Labor Day, but if Van says Hunter is the real deal, it's good enough for me
  • Smile (The Jayhawks)- favorite of Courant's music critic Eric Danton, so I thought I'd try them
  • Having a Party With (Jonathan Richman)- he's a one-man party like Artie
  • Sippiana Hericane (Dr. John & the Lower 911)- what the funk, J?
  • Nuages (Django Reinhardt)- can't get enough of this jazz legend
  • Whisper (Jim Lauderdale)- has played with Lucinda and others; missed his show at Cafe Nine; it's time I got around to hearing him
  • Rickie Lee Jones (Rickie Lee Jones)- restocking a classic LP

    While Google-ing johnnykmusic, I found that I am now an Area Music Site on Cafe Nine's website: JohnnyKMusic - Good CT blog covering the New England music scene, with occasional reviews of Cafe Nine shows. Please, don't hold this lapse of good taste against this great music venue.
  • No comments: