Thursday, October 26, 2006

I'm stunned.....

Where the hell have I been? I've been meaning to check out James Hunter ever since I read a couple blurbs about him being a Van Morrison favorite, but I missed his show at Rhythm & Roots this Labor Day weekend past. What a mistake, for this guy is unbelievable! Ok, slow down, JK, because you've only listened to his CD, People Gonna Talk, a couple times since you picked it up last evening at Turn It Up in Northampton (see below). I can't help it! He starts out sounding like early James Brown, then at times maybe Clyde McPhatter, then a smooth, soulful Sam Cooke (complete with I know, I know). Catchy, soulful, great backup band.

His current tour takes him to these Northeast venues:
  • Sunday, November 19 at Higher Ground, Burlington, VT
  • Tuesday, November 21 at Iron Horse Music Hall, Northampton, MA
  • Wednesday, November 22 at The Paradise, Boston, MA
  • Friday, November 24 at Music Hall, Portsmouth, NH
  • Saturday, November 25 at Revolution Hall, Troy, NY
  • Saturday, December 30 at BB Kings, New York, NY
  • Sunday, December 31 - NEW YEAR'S EVE! at World Cafe Live, Philadelphia, PA

    Cafe nine, I know you must be aware of this guy because you seem to know about everyone, but is there ANY chance to get him? Maybe an early Sunday show on November 26???

    James Hunter blog maintained by his staff, but with input from him.
  • No comments: