Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Just beat it......

A quick howdy to Dan (good friend of jonathan k, whose birthday is today!) and good luck on his American Diabetes Associaton's Walk For Diabetes effort. Here is Dan's email if you wish to contribute:

Hello Everyone,

As I'm sure most of you are aware, I am a diabetic. My father, who also suffers from the disease, recently had his right leg amputated below the knee due to year long foot complications. Don't worry, he is fine and getting along quite well with his new prosthetic, but that, along with my own diabetic issues, has caused me to be a little more pro-active about the situation.

I have registered as a walker for the American Diabetes Associaton's Walk For Diabetes and I am looking for sponsors. All the money goes towards research to find a cure for diabetes. My goal is to raise 500.00 (at least) and I hope I can meet that goal with your help. There is no minimum if you wish to donate and I appreciate any amount that you are willing to offer. The link to the donation website is: - HERE

When you are at the website, click on "sponsor a walker" then type in my name in the space provided. This will bring you to my personal webpage.

I know not all of you live in Boston but if there is anyone who does and is interested in participating in the walk itself (which is anywhere from 1-7 miles) let me know. It's easy enough to change my registration from an individual walker to a team and I would love the company.

Thank you and feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions, -Dan- - EMAIL

Suggested iPod songs to play during the walk:
  • Walkin' To New Orleans (Fats Domino)
  • Walk, Don't Run (The Ventures)
  • I Walk the Line (Johnny Cash)
  • My Walkin' Shoes (Memphis Slim)
  • I Want To Walk You Home (Fats Domino)
  • Sleepwalk (Santo & Johnny)
  • These Boots Are Made For Walkin' (Nancy Sinatra)
  • Walk of Life (Dire Straits)
  • Walk On By (Dionne Warwick)
  • Walk Right Back (Everly Brothers)
  • Walk This Way (Run DMC/Aerosmith, you pick the version)
  • Walking After Midnight (Patsy Cline)
  • Walking In Memphis (Marc Cohen)
  • Walking On Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves)
  • No comments: