Friday, March 17, 2006

Top 'O the Mornin' To You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to wish all the very best on the day everyone gets to be IRISH! The next Black & Tan is on me, cheers!

Van Morrison
The Chieftains
U2
Sinead O'Connor
The Cranberries
Declan Patrick MacManus (Who? Why, Elvis Costello, of course!)
James Galway

Yes, they were one-hit wonders (Dexys Midnight Runners), and this song is grossly overplayed, but I love it:

Come on Eileen

Poor old Johnny Ray
Sounded sad upon the radio
He moved a million hearts in mono
Our mothers cried and sang along and who'd blame them
Now you're grown, so grown, now I must say more than ever
Go toora loora toora loo rye aye
And we can sing just like our fathers

Come on Eileen, well I swear (what he means)
At this moment, you mean everything
With you in that dress my thoughts I confess
Verge on dirty
Ah come on Eileen

These people round here wear beaten down eyes
Sunk in smoke dried faces
They're so resigned to what their fate is
But not us, no not us
We are far too young and clever
Eileen I'll sing this tune forever

Come on Eileen well I swear (what he means)
Ah come on, let's take off everything
That pretty red dress Eileen (tell him yes)
Ah come on Eileen