Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Love's a game, you're in it, and you were so proud of it......

So I'm talking taxes with my 8am appointment when, from the waiting room radio, I vaguely hear an interview with Al Anderson, former member of CT's legendary Wildweeds and equally legendary bar band NRBQ and now a formidable songwriter/performer in Nashville. Try as I might, I couldn't catch much of it without completely ignoring him, so I missed out. But, not to worry, for good old NPR (I listen until 3pm until artier-than-thou Faith Middleton comes on) has the interview on its website.

Hear here. I proudly own two of Big Al's CDs, his most recent After Hours and the decade-earlier Pay Before You Pump.


Bought The Little Willies, Norah Jones & friends' country project hatched as an informal get together to play Willie Nelson songs in a bar in NYC. The gig got so popular that they decided to do the album. First take is positive. All About Jazz review

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! chair