Wednesday, March 15, 2006

March Maestros - the #1 seeds.....and their music

UCONN - Connecticut isn't exactly Motown when you're talkin' music, but it has had its moments. Some would pick Gene Pitney, The Rockville Rocket, or the Five Satins of In the Still of the Night fame, but my money is on Al Anderson and the Wildweeds!

Duke - Well, we could go with Gene Chandler's Duke of Earl, or maybe the Nashville Teens' Tobacco Road, but I'm going with a sleeper pick with Stevie Wonder's Sir Duke.

Villanova - Home of the original Bandstand, Philly soul!!!!! (Meeeeeee aaaand Mrs. Jones, we got a thing goin' on....). Which brings suddenly (and unpleasantly) to mind Elton John's stupid song for the team tennis franchise, Philadelphia Freedom (I loooooooove you, yes I do!).

Memphis - Long-distance information, get me Memphis, Tennessee. Help me find a party who tried to get in touch with me. Are you kidding? The King! (pre-Vegas, of course). And, yes, I KNOW that Chuck Berry sang that song, but I needed the tie-in.

Thank-you very much.

No comments: