Thursday, June 06, 2013

Former DBT Jason Isbell is back...

About a decade ago, thanks to a Christmas gift CD (Decoration Day, I think) from my niece Kay, I discovered the Drive By Truckers.  Love them.  I play their music often, keep tabs on their comings and goings, but haven't caught them live.  On my list, though.  Missed them recently at Toads (it was a week night, Winter and, hell, I was too tired to go alone).  Anyway, I read a recent NY Times article about Jason Isbell, a former DBT'er, who joined the band very young, became a prodigious songwriter, then a prodigious drunk, got kicked out of the band, finally got sober, and is making some cool music again.  He is playing at the Arch Street Tavern in Hartford on August 4 along with his wife, the extraordinary singer/fiddler Amanda Shires.


No comments: