Monday, December 05, 2011

Shonna Tucker leaves DBTs...

Shonna Tucker joined the Drive By Truckers as its bassist in 2003 while still the wife of member Jason Isbell.  Hardcore DBT fans are bummed, apparently she could drain a bottle of Jack with the best of them.  Her posted statement:
Hello friends,

Unfortunately, I come to you all with some sad news.

It's time for me to move on to the next great thing, whatever that may be.

I want to thank each and everyone of you, with my whole heart for your overwhelming kindness and support over the years. You are the greatest fans in the world! You really do amaze and inspire me. I can't express how much you all mean to me. Your rock solid encouragement has carried me through, many nights. I have been so lucky to have had the chance to meet and talk with so many of you. Your stories and passion are so incredibly inspirational to me.

I am, without a doubt, not done. I will have a website up and running very soon so that we can keep in touch. I have a whole lot left to say and do, and I can't wait to hear what all of you are up to. This is very difficult, so I'll leave you with this... for now...

Thank you all so much!

Safe travels and Happy Holidays to you all!

See you soon somewhere...

All my love,
Shonna

No comments: