Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sarah smiling...

SARAH BORGES EMAIL
You heard me right, it's not only turkey time, but it's time to hear me play my new record in its entirety tomorrow, November 23rd, Thanksgiving Eve at Johnny D's in Somerville, MA, with the band that played on the album (Russell Chudnofsky, Kimon Kirk, and Andy Plaisted). We'll be debuting the songs, as well as playing a super fun set of music fit for dancing. Perfect way to burn off all of the calories you're going to eat on Thursday.

Sarah Borges Thanksgiving Eve Event
Wednesday, 11/23, 8:30pm
Johnny D's Holland St., Somerville, MA
Kimon Kirk opens

Saturday marks the only Sarah Borges and the Broken Singles show of 2011 at the Narrows Center for the Arts in Fall River, MA. Rob Dulaney, Binky and original Broken Singles guitar player, Russell Chudnofsky will play the hits that made us famous (or at least got us lots of free drinks!). The Saturday-after-Thanksgiving tradition continues, so get your tickets now!

Saturday, November 26
Sarah Borges and the Broken Singles!!!!
Narrows Center for the Arts, Anawan St, Fall River, MA
Amy Black opens

It's here already? That's right folks, it's not just Thanksgiving, but my record-making fun(d)raiser is coming to an end! So far I've raised just about $8000, which is amazing! We've got the songs recorded, mixing is just about to start, and oh, did I mention that not only did Steve Berlin from Los Lobos produce the record, but that Terry Adams from one of my favorite bands ever, NRBQ, makes a guest appearance?!!!   Be still my beating heart!

The only thing I still need to do is pay for it all! So it's time for little ol' me to thank big-hearted you for donating already, and to ask that if you haven't done it yet, you pretty-please do it NOW!! Check out the donation website and pre-order the new record, or donate for lots of other fun prizes.  And since this is the last week you'd better act fast, and to encourage you to do it there are a couple of way cool things happening:

Starting RIGHT NOW we'll be streaming one of the rough mixes from the record on the donation website. You can hear what YOU helped to make!!

And second, if we can hit $10,000 by SUNDAY (I know - SO MUCH money and SO LITTLE time!!!) I'll be streaming a mini-concert LIVE from my very own living room and broadcasting it straight to you via Ustream. This concert will be for my donors ONLY!!  If you contribute by Sunday, you can watch, listen, and talk all about it with all of the other donors. You can even send me requests.  And I will even play them.  Just for you.  Once you've made a contribution we'll let you know when, where and how to tune in.

Nothing goes better with your turkey and cranberry than a side of songs and guitars, so come on everybody, grab a drumstick (either kind) and CLICK TO DONATE!!!!

No comments: