Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Yvette, Pete & Garrett...

Pete Molinari in concert Wednesday night at the Mercury Lounge
From Daily Nuggets:  We're Not John and Yoko took a break from late-night jam sessions, and instead of performing their own music, headed out Wednesday night to hear some live music, ending up at the Mercury Lounge in Manhattan, on Houston Street, to see Pete Molinari, and the opener Daniel Wayne. We bought the ticket to see Pete, but Daniel went on first, stole the show, and was an incredibly hard act to follow. Originally from Ohio, and now living in Brooklyn, Daniel Wayne is unsigned, but I predict, give him a year, and he'll be a household name. Don't let me down Dan! And, I can call him Dan. We're Not John and Yoko got a chance to meet him after the show, and he was very genuine, appreciating our emphatic compliments of his show. (read more)

From Pete's website: "As a kid I was given two books that made as big an impression on me as anything could. They were by Woody Guthrie and Jack Kerouac, and along with the songs and music that were later handed down to me, they helped convince me that my life should and would be some kind of journey on the road that some call 'bound for glory' and others 'the road less travelled by'."


No comments: