Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I know, it's only rock 'n roll....

Below are your nominees for the 2011 Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame class.  According to press releases, ballots will be sent to more than 500 voters from the music industry who will select the inductees (johnnyk is awaiting his ballot). They will be announced in December the induction ceremony to be held on March 14, 2011 at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York.  Here is the Johnnyk assessment:
  1. Alice Cooper - good, but not great.  Sorry, Al, school's out forever!
  2. Beastie Boys - I'll defer to the hip hop boyz on this
  3. Bon Jovi - too popular to keep out these Jersey boys out
  4. Neil Diamond - let the poor bastard in, for Christ sakes!  Great songwriter!
  5. Chic - wtf, really?
  6. Donovan - big fan here, but a little light in the resume for my taste
  7. Dr. John - he's in the right place, but at the wrong time (I'd put him in, but THEY won't)
  8. J Geils Band - some GREAT singles....but enough????
  9. LL Cool J - can't put both the Beasties and J in
  10. Darlene Love - borderline; I say no
  11. Laura Nyro - singer/songwriter extraordinaire; I love her (R.I.P.)
  12. Donna Summer - disco queen, yikes!
  13. Tom Waits - my man, therefore he has NO chance
  14. Joe Tex - only country guy; sorry, Joe
  15. Chuck Willis - going WAY back to the 1950s - CC Rider
  16. Pool Hall Studs - no way these lightweights should get in before the Johnny Gumbo Party Band!
Who ya got?

1 comment:

Neil D from Brooklyn said...

I know they will never let me in, those bastards, even though I'm better than most. "I am, I said, to no one there and no one heard at all, not even the chair." I rest my case.