Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fly me to the moon ....

It's amazing how cool Frank Sinatra sounds sometimes, like when you're sitting around making incisive points about the current state of the American economy to complete strangers at a wedding reception and Fly Me to the Moon blasts out.  Also waxed nostalgic upon hearing our own wedding song, the Righteous Brothers' You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling (just kidding, Reet).......Opening NFL Sunday.  That means my (and Jonathan's) beloved Brownies put their NFL best 4-game regular season winning streak on the line against Tampa Bay.  Jonathan wryly predicting another 'multiple-win' season for the nattily attired (a marketer's dream) Clevelanders....After catching him at last weekend's Rhythm & Roots Festival, I'm listening to Dave Alvin's Ashcroft CD.  Hey, Nine Volt Heart, I recognize that song as the title cut of an Iguanas CD.  A quick check in the liner notes gives me the connection: the song is co-written by Dave Alvin and Iguana Rod Hodges.  (Nod to Johnny Carson) I did not know that......G-Man home for the weekend with his newly-acquired Pete Molinari CD, but rather praising Daniel Wayne as the better of the two at Wednesday's gig at the Mercury Lounge in NYC.  Here's the only video clip I could find on him.  Reminds me a bit of Neil Young:

No comments: