Thursday, September 02, 2010

My name is Earl...

As Hurricane Earl threatens to disrupt things tomorrow, including the opening of the Rhythm & Roots Festival at Ninigret Park in Charlestown, RI., here are a few Earl songs to ponder:
  • Goodbye, Earl (Dixie Chicks-1999) 
While searching for Earls, I found Jango, one of those free internet streaming stations that play whatever genre of music you choose.  Some early 60's (pre/alt-Beatles) for you from the Gene Chandler channel:
Duke of Earl (Gene Chandler)
Lonely Teardrops (Jackie Wilson)
I Don't Want to Cry (Chuck Jackson)
Give Me Just a Little More Time (Chairmen of the Board)
What Becomes of the Brokenhearted (Jimmy Ruffin)
Since I Lost My Baby's Love (Major Lance)
Oh What a Night (The Dells)
Backfield in Motion (Mel & Tim) (gotta love the lyrics "gonna have to penalize you")
Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher (Jackie Wilson)
You're No Good (Betty Everett) (the old Linda Ronstadt song) listen  also shoop shoop song

No comments: