Sunday, February 11, 2007

More Farquahr memories....

EGKG has left a new comment on your post "My eggs don't taste the same without you...":

I had the pleasure last summer of meeting Bob McGowan (the band member that "anonymous", above, forgot). Nicest guy I've met in a long time. He took the time (probably close to an hour) out of his busy day to show my wife and I some of the Farquahr memorabilia he had at his shop. My parents, who both grew up in CT, spent a lot of time at Mount Snow in the late sixties, and were evidently friendly with the Farquahr. Seems that they had tons of friends! My dad had a habit of whistling, and more often than not I'd hear him whistling My Eggs Don't Taste The Same Without You or Teddy Bear Days. I have a few 45s that I found on Ebay. If you're lucky, you might be able to find their CD, "From the Top", which includes most of the old favorites and some newer music. I only wish I'd been old enough to have seen them play live!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had bought the LP back in 1973 (I've lost it in all my travels), and MEDTTSWY was my favorite. I wish to God that I still had the album.

I haven't found that CD, and none of the music download sites have any of their music.

If you know anyone who has it, please email me at:

belfry@mail.com

Thanks!