Thursday, January 19, 2006

thursday has no songs......

But, oh, I disagree!

THURSDAY by Morphine

We used to meet every Thursday
Thursday
Thursday in the afternoon
For a couple a beers
And a game of pool

We used to go to a motel
A motel
A motel across the street
And the name of the motel
Was the "Wagon Wheel"

OH!

One day she said
C'mon C'mon
She said why dont you come back to my house
She said my husbands out of town
You know he's gone till the end of the month

Well I was just so nervous, so nervous
You know I couldn't really quite relax
'Cause I was really never quite sure
When her husband was coming back

It turned out it was one of the neighbors
One of the neighbors, one of the neigbors that saw my car
And they told her, yeah they told her
They think they know who you are

Well her husband is a violent man
A very violent and jealous man
Now I have to leave this town
I gotta leave while I still can

We should have kept it every Thursday
Thursday
Thursday in the afternoon
For a couple of beers
And a game of pool

She was pretty cool too!

No comments: