Saturday, December 03, 2005

Put me in, coach....

UPDATE: SHS lost to Xavier 44-30 CIAC recap

Good luck tonight to the Southington High School Blue Knights, who will be playing for their 2nd (1st in 1998) CT state LL football championship vs. Xavier High School at Ken Strong Stadium in West Haven.

Realizing there are not anywhere near as many football songs (excluding college fight songs)as baseball songs (Take Me Out to the Ballgame, Centerfield, etc.), I search:

  • All Revved Up And No Place to Go (Meatloaf) - "I was a varsity tackle and a hell of a block, When I played my guitar I made the canyons rock-but-, Every Saturday night I felt the fever grow, Do ya know what it's like, All revved up with no place to go"

  • Football, Beer & You (Teter Jay) - "Cause when it's football time in Tennessee, A brewski hits the spot, The Titans take the gridiron, And their givin' all they've got, A pigskin and a cold one, Was all I thought I'd need, Until that day at Hooters, When you brought them wings to me."


  • Can I get an Amen! Any others?

    3 comments:

    Johnnyk said...

    Go Knights! And Hooters!

    Anonymous said...

    Good luck to coach Mella and the boys! I"m listening to the second half of the game on the radio right now and it doesn't sound so goo. ugh.

    Johnnyk said...

    'S' - Too bad about the result, but still a heck of a season....interesting site....no comments allowed there, so I'll note it here.