Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday morning notes...

Justin Townes Earle tonight at the Iron Horse in Northampton with The Reet.  His latest, Harlem River Blues, is highly recommended.  G-Man saw him open for Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys (see comment).

Vin/Marcia going up to the Calvin  in Northampton on 9/22 to see Marcia's crush, Keb Mo.  The Carolina Chocolate Drops are there on January 28.

Sharie is chomping at the bit to see Brandi Carlile. Ms. Carlile is at Town Hall (sold out) in NYC on 9/23 and at the Life Is Good Festival (with Ray Lamontagne, Levon Helm, Raphael Saadiq, Robert Randolph) in Canton, MA on 9/25.

From NH Register SOUNDOFFWhat was your worst concert experience?  Some funny stuff.
  • Billy Joel - He was drunk and sluring the words!
  • It was definitely at a Foghat concert, which is where I met my ex-wife.
  • I met this hot girl at a Pink Floyd concert, wrote her number on my hand, and without thinking, I washed it off in the men’s room. I never saw her again.
  • The night I saw Jimi Hendrix, took three hits of acid and woke up with my wife.
  • Having to listen to The Five Satins sing the theme from “The Love Boat” 
  • Milli Vanilli at Lake Compounce

    1 comment:

    Garrett Kennedy said...

    Jealous...wish we were going...saw Justin open for Dan Auerbach...before the concert, I briefly listened to a couple tracks and read his bio...this intigued me enough to get to the concert early, but his studio songs don't do him justice...you have to see him live...he can do it all, blues, country (the non-racist kind), gospel...I know he is in the shadow of his legend father, Steve Earle...but why isn't this guy more well known?...go see him if you can...and check out these clips below...you suck if you don't like these:

    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=6BF1fSPbzig

    And,

    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=PmClBQHNUJo