Monday, May 23, 2011

Sonny Smith (of Sonny & the Sunsets) 100 Records project...

I've really fallen for this guy's music.  He's kind of a mix of Lou Reed, Jonathan Richman meets Jan & Dean.  Pure pop.  Love it.


(Village Voice)- Sonny Smith is playing the ultimate game of "You Know What Would Be a Cool Band Name?" Not only did he come up with 100 imaginary acts, he wrote and recorded their songs and commissioned cover art. Then he built a jukebox to house it all. "For two months, I was just hacking away at doing vocals and seeing what would work," the thirtysomething multitasker explains from his San Francisco home. "To show how naïve I was, at first I was going to make 200 songs, for an A-side and a B-side. When I pulled back, I was actually relieved, like, 'Ah, 100, I can do that.' - (more)

No comments: