Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ouch, now that's a pretty hard shot at our girl Lu....

Found this little blurb from BostonHerald.com about Amy Speace's new CD, The Killer In Me:

Lucinda Williams’ artistic decline creates opportunities for acolytes such as Speace, who cultivates a similar patch of tough-but-tender alt-country. Speace pours heart and soul into her fourth album, which chronicles the emotional fallout of her failed marriage, with superb backing from her band, the Tearjerks, who bring a Neil Young-inspired touch of ragged-but-right to a project spaciously produced by Mitch Easter. Download: “Better.”

(She appears tonight (11/21) at Cafe Nine in New Haven)



Speaking of OUCH, how 'bout that smackdown in the Garden last night! Syracuse Orange (Big East) 87, North Carolina Tarheels (ACC) 71. Here's Amy to help out the folks down on Tobacco Road:
I found love in a double wide trailer
Never thought I'd feel so at home in the mud
Fell into the arms of a man from Carolina
Traded in my trust fund for a six-pack of Bud
Somewhere east of Durham my jeep broke down in Justice
Trying to get to Duke to meet a good friend for the break
A good ol' boy pulled over said, "How can I be of service?"
I got into his pickup truck that was my first mistake.

No comments: