Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Still more on the Fab Farq.....

From the johnnykmusic mailbag:

Would love to leave a comment about Doug Lapham, I still do one of his songs the Streets of Montreal. The Fabulous Farquahr were a wonderful group to see live. - Randy Burns of The Morning, Randy Burns and the Skydog Band

Tonight my wife and I were driving home and I said "Remember the Fabulous Farquahr?." We lived in Clinton, Ct for 7 years in the late 60's and had seen them at the Dock and Dine, together with her folks. We have lived in Tiverton,RI for 30 years, so it must have been in 1973 or 1974. I can still remember a stirring rendition of "The Eleanor Roosevelt Rag" It had style, a great melody, and sparkling lyrics. The music still haunts my mind. It was a wonderful evening. They were in the truest sense and with much honor - ENTERTAINERS! .I am sorry to hear of Frank McGowan's passing. I can still see him smiling and singing on the stage. It is nice to find some others who share a memory from so long ago. - Steve Jackson -Tiverton, RI

No comments: