Tuesday, March 25, 2008

G not impressed with Jack 'n Brendan...

Raconteurs 2nd album - Consolers of the Lonely Daily Nuggets

14 new tunes, must be better than their debut Broken Boy Soldiers, later revealed as White Stripes’, solo-Benson leftovers, some decent songs, but didn’t appear to be much of a band effort (10 songs!?). Using my flawless CD unpacking technique (I still buy CDs!), I sit in Rockin-Rita’s Malibu with a week of anticipation built up for the Raconteurs new album Consolers of the Lonely. NME said the band wanted to release it without any notice, but their record company decided record shops needed notification that the revolution wrapped in plastic was on its way. Therefore, a week ago today, the band’s website announced the March 25th release. I did buy it, but a day early. Snooze ya lose Borders! – who lost my business, denying my early album request. Took my business elsewhere and listened to the first few songs in a mall parking lot, Malibu speaker system waking babies left in cars while mommies shop. - complete review

No comments: