Friday, February 22, 2008

A history of pop icons: Sharie & the Little Guy

Rising from the various youth centers and high school auditoriums of Rockin' Rockville, CT, Sharie & the Little Guy shot to the top of the pop scene in 1980 with their debut album, Songs For Sharin'. The band's latest album, Dinner With Elvis, mixes Sharie A's bouncy choruses with Keithie A's clean strumming to generate a disc overflowing with uber- memorable tunes. With standout tracks like Gene Pitney Was Overrated, Hangin' With Bernie, I Love Stanley Robinson and Big-Headed Drivers Should Never Be Borrowed don't be surprised if you find Sharie & the Little Guy at the top of the pop charts and beyond.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Johnny, I don't know nuttin about Shari & the Little Guy, but singing songs like "Gene Pitney was Overrated" won't get them on my iPod! He was certainly not overrated but it is doubtful that Shari will ever be rated. I googled them and got only your site. They need a little work on promotion!

Anonymous said...

It would be your loss to dismiss this quicky, clever duo's delightful music from your iPod. Gene Pitney Was Overrated is actually Sharie's loving ode to her hometown's hero, but you probably couldn't figure that out. Buy their new CD on Amazon and you're in for a treat. I hear they are touring behind it this Summer.

Anonymous said...

oops, meant to say quirky....

Anonymous said...

Johnny - I was serious when I said that I couldn't find any reference to them on the Internet. I did try Amazon.com, but no hits. Any suggestions on how to find their CD?