Monday, July 23, 2007

Bristol oldies guru Jim Kane demands your input.....

The old farts at "Rusty Records" have been commissioned to make a 4 CD set entitled "High School Dances". The songs will be from the Golden era of Rock N Roll music. I need your help in choosing the songs. Please send me your top 5 all time songs from 1955-1965. There will be 120 songs on this set. To top it off I will be able to get you this set for below wholesale. The set will be selling in the stores and the internet for $60.00 plus shipping. I will be able to get this set for $20.00 plus shipping. So - help me out - please send me your top "5" all time songs, from your high school dances , during 1955-1965. I'll let you know when the set will be available. So put on those thinking caps, and send me your top 5!!!!! Thanks, Jim - email

Okay, Johnnyk was a keen sideline observer at said high school dances, only occasionally daring a silent slow dance. Here are my five from 1960-64 (I won't say best, rather memorable for various frivolous reasons):
  • Louie, Louie (Kingsmen)
  • Fingertips Pt II (Little Stevie Wonder)
  • Cathy's Clown (Everly Brothers)
  • Shop Around (Miracles)
  • Tossin' and Turnin' (Bobby Lewis)
    Another 5:
  • Sugar Shack (Jimmy Gilmer & the Fireballs)
  • It's My Party (Leslie Gore)
  • Another Saturday Night (Sam Cooke)
  • Baby, It's You (Shirelles)
  • Maybe (Chantels)
  • No comments: