Thursday, July 12, 2007

Live music abounds.....

Dr. John at Meadowbrook Park in Hamden on Friday night.

Some truly great free jazz at Bushnell Park this Monday night. Pianist Toshiko Akiyoshi's Quartet featuring tenor saxophonist Lew Tabackin as part of Paul Brown's Monday Night Jazz Series. Apparently Prudential Financial has provided some life-saving backing for the long-running summer program.

An email heads up for some good music from Trish (The Dish) friend Steve G:
Couple of musical head’s ups. Next Friday (July 20) at CafĂ© Nine I am going to try and go see Eilen Jewell who I mentioned before. She’s great and worth seeing. I’ve seen her before there. If you go to her website you get a quick musical introduction to her sound.

Next day actually up in Greenfield Mass is a very nice music festival called Green River Festival. Details on their website. I went to this last year. Impressive. I am also thinking of going to this as well but plans for both this and Eilen are still uncertain. Thought you and Johnny K would be interested.

One show I’m definitely going to (a whole group of my friends as well) is Alejandro Escovedo up at the Iron Horse on August 4.

JK note: James Hunter appearing at Greenfield Fest

No comments: