Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Big Al Anderson New Year's Eve......

JFK and I were watching Vince Gill perform stuff from his new album These Days on Imus last week and I THOUGHT I recognized a familiar face (and shape) on the guitar player in the band, but Vince didn't introduce him during the time I was watching. But my suspicions were confirmed this morning in Eric Danton's article on Big Al Anderson, the former Wild Weeds/NRBQ singer/guitarist/songwriter who appears tonight for two shows at the Iron Horse Music Hall in Northampton. I saw this booking months ago and thought, "What a GREAT way to usher in the New Year!" According to Danton's article, Anderson (not to be confused with diminutive, but equally talented, Southington resident Keith Anderson) co-wrote 14 songs on Gills new 43-track album and played with him on a whirlwind 27 show/35 day tour recently. Well, it seems that Big Al has a new album out too! It's a rock album called Pawn Shop Guitars, a change from the wonderful low-key, country After Hours, and he is touring behind it with his new band The Balls. Pawn Shop Guitars is available online at bigalanderson.com.

Read Eric Danton's article on Al Anderson in today's Hartford Courant. I will post a link as soon as I find it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been reading your website for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the fantastic job!

my page; sky free to view card