Friday, July 14, 2006

Latest trip to Northampton...

Business travel to Chicopee on a gorgeous Friday begets a side trip north to Turn It Up for some new music:
  • A Tribute to Howlin' Wolf (Various Artists)- Artists include Taj Mahal, Christine Ohlman and Lucinda Williams
  • Grant Street (Sonny Landreth)- Sonny live!
  • Mixed Bag (Richie Havens)- The classic Havens disc.
  • Live From the American Ballroom (Donna the Buffalo)- Johnny Gumbo and I have seen The Buffalo each of the last two Labor Day weekends at Rhythm and Roots in Rhody.
  • Get a Buzz (The Pretty Things)- These guys were contemporaries of the Rolling Stones during the British Invasion. This compilation disc was playing all the time I was browsing and it wasn't long before I had to have it.
  • Dear Sir (Cat Power)- Jonathan likes her and I've read lots of good reviews, so I'll give her a go.
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Where did you find it? Interesting read » »