Thursday, April 20, 2006

Turn it up!.....again

Stopped by to see what's cookin'. The counter guy was featuring Dr. John's Gris Gris (I have the LP, but not the CD), probably because The Night Tripper is to appear at the Iron Horse on Saturday night for two shows. I'm going to miss his 1st weekend show at JazzFest; going 2nd weekend (will attempt to blog it, hoping for better results than last year - no guarantees). In any event, I plan to catch Dr. John at this year's Rhythm & Roots Festival held on Labor Day Weekend at Ninigret Park in Charlestown, RI.

The take:
Dusty in Memphis (Dusty Springfield) - This CD has been on my list for quite awhile. Recorded in 1969, Springfield sings songs of Randy Newman, Goffin-King and Bacharach-David backed by some soulful Memphis horns. Great stuff!

Reach Up and Touch the Sky: LIVE (Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes) - Saw Johnny give a great show at the Milford Oyster Fest last Summer. Tom H gave me some pics of the show that I have not yet posted.

Sweet Old World (Lucinda Williams) - Replaces my burned copy of this wonderful CD. I wonder when she will release her next.

Live at the Monterey Festival (Jefferson Airplane) - Remembering how good the 'Plane was before crashing into outerspace.

You Win Again (Van Morrison/Linda Gail Lewis) - You can't get enough Van. This CD features Linda Gail Lewis, who happens to be Jerry Lee Lewis' sister. G-Man still can't find any Van comparable to Moondance.

No comments: