Saturday, April 29, 2006

Elenore, gee I think you're swell....

I've never attended Meriden's annual Daffodil Festival, but a quick glance at this weekend's music lineup has my interest piqued. A sample:

The Turtles - Oh, pooh, you say. Well, I object, for these guys were also part of Frank Zappa's Mothers of Invention AND, as Flo & Eddie, graced johnnyk's album collection a couple times, so there! And the Turtles put out some very clever, catchy material. Let us hope some of their musical gifts have remained intact. The Turtles will perform at the Bandshell Stage on Saturday at 3:30pm. Eric Danton of the Courant has quite different expectations, "...for some reason, I saw the Turtles probably 15 years ago when I lived in Colorado, and they were boring then..." his blog here.

River City Slim & the Zydeco Hogs - The Hogs were scheduled for last Fall's Southington Apple Harvest Festival, but were rained out. RS&TZH come highly recommended by Johnny Gumbo and UNFORTUNATELY will perform on Saturday at the Food Tent Stage opposite The Turtles. I may have to sneak over to catch some.

Christine Ohlman & Rebel Montez - The lead singer for the Saturday Night Live Band has her own band that plays frequently at Cafe Nine. She has a great rep and has been on my "must see" list for quite some time; now is the time! She will precede The Turtles at the Bandshell Stage on Saturday.

Perhaps I will see you there!!!!

No comments: