Sunday, April 02, 2006

I'm not like everybody else.......

In case you were wondering, that slick, cool IBM commercial song is a Kinks song written by Ray Davies and originally found on their 1965 album Kinkdom.

I won't take all that they hand me down,
And make out a smile, though I wear a frown,
And I won't take it all lying down,
'Cause once I get started I go to town.

'Cause I'm not like everybody else,
I'm not like everybody else,
I'm not like everybody else,
I'm not like everybody else.

And I don't want to ball about like everybody else,
And I don't want to live my life like everybody else,
And I won't say that I feel fine like everybody else,
'Cause I'm not like everybody else,
I'm not like everybody else.
complete lyrics

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well i was wondering what that song was and i found out through your site.
Thanks

Thomas

Hulmey the Clown said...

A guy from the Jeff Bridges Message Board linked this site for me. Thanks for cureing a enjoyable ear worm infection, I will now have to hunt this down.

Anonymous said...

By the "sound and hear" of it, I thought it was a bob dylan number. Anybody more like me out there ????

Anonymous said...

i heard this song two months ago in india for IBM ad. Now ive fianlly know the name. DO u by anychance know the name of the song for the axn ad with ben affleck.(the clicker)

Anonymous said...

I saw Son Volt play this song in concert in June of 2006, and I have been wondering where it came from until now.