Wednesday, February 15, 2006

So you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction....

Right on the heels of the new Johnny Ryan disc (see below), comes Dick Cheney's timely release of The Woman Within, which features a hot new hip-hop version of Barry McGuire's classic Eve of Destruction. Sung/spoken in his very hip Wally Ballou style, Cheney sends chills up and down the spines of his listeners with each 'note'. A sample from Arizona Killer:
I killed a man in Dallas,
And another in Cheyenne
But when I killed the man in Tombstone
I overplayed my hand

A must-buy for hard-core Cheney aficionados (and favor-seeking lobbyists).


The playlist:
  1. I Fought the Law (They Said I Needed To Buy a Fucking Permit)
  2. Guns Don't Kill People, I Do
  3. Shotgun (Shoot Him 'Fore He Run Now)
  4. Eve of Destruction (duet w/ the late Barry McGuire)
  5. I'm Sorry, Dan, I Thought You Were a Quaill
  6. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (He Wasn't The Bravest of Them All, After All)
  7. Happiness Is A Warm Gun (Bang, Bang)
  8. Arizona Killer
  9. The Streets of Laredo
  10. Cheney's Gotta Gun (duet w/ Steven Tyler)
  11. Shot Through the Heart and You're to Blame (You Give Love a Bad Name)
  12. Annie Get Your Gun (Dickie's Coming For Lunch)

No comments: