Saturday, February 18, 2006

I can't stop going there!!!!!!

Another Friday trip to Chicopee and, you guessed it, a quick zip over to Northampton to my new favorite record store. Got caught in a wild wind/rainstorm just as I arrived, but managed a parking spot close by to minimize the damage to my person.

This week's catch:

Read My Lips Lou Ann Barton - Anyone who pays any attention to my ramblings knows how much I love Lou Ann Barton, who once sang with Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble. The catch is that she's only recorded a few albums and never tours. Found two CDs today, but one was a compilation with much duplicated product, so I went with the original issue. Great song lyric: "You can have my husband, but don't you be messin' with my man."

D & B Together Delaney & Bonnie and Friends - But not together for long, for D & B divorced soon after this record.

Mary Lou Lord (EP) Mary Lou Lord - Kurt Cobain's girlfriend before CL, she will be appearing at Cafe Nine on Sunday, February 26.

The Complete Animals The Animals - They were playing this comprehensive two-disc compilation as I browsed the store, so when I checked out, I apologized, but told them I wanted that CD! They said, no prob, great choice, and packed it up. You sometimes forget just how good these guys were. Not catchy like the Beatles or the Stones, but really great blues that sound solid today as ever.

No comments: