Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Sarah Borges says hey...

It's happening...Radio Sweetheart is being printed RIGHT NOW, and will be shipped to all of the amazing donors who made it possible in the next month or so. Thank you so much for your patience, I know it's been a long wait, but I think it's worth it. The album will be available in the online store as soon as it's here.  With the release of the new record I'm preparing to hit the road, shows in MA, CT, VA and PA, lots of them with the fabulous Girls, Guns and Glory. I'm also headed to the annual South by Southwest music conference in Austin, TX this March. I'll be working to showcase the record at an event that's always been a success for me. Both of the labels I've signed to have seen me first at SXSW, and I've made so many great band friends that I'll keep for life.

This year is a little different; now that I'm a mama and I've been away from the scene for a couple of years I'm taking a different approach to touring. In other words, the family is hitting the road to Texas together. And that's where you come in. I'm headed to Texas with my son, Elliott, my husband and musical partner, Lyle Brewer, and my mum. We'll be flying there and back, staying for a week, and doing our darndest to get this thing off the ground.

I've started a Pledge Music campaign to defray our costs. The link is below, and you can read more about what we're doing there as well. Givers can expect two new songs, an online concert, and some other goodies. Our goal is $2000, which is the minimum we'd need for the four of us to stay, play and eat for the week.

In closing, with both the release of Radio Sweetheart and the trip to SXSW, I'm hoping to strike that balance between being someone's parent and being a musician. I guess I'm trying to make us both proud:)

No comments: