Monday, October 28, 2013

The Most Interesting Man in the World riffs on Lou Reed...

Rest peacefully, my friend.
He dug the Velvets long before any of us had a clue. Sang backup.

He went up Lexington, but only one two four.  Respect.

"Back in the day, I didn't always do heroin, but when I did, I preferred it with Lou Reed."

He's always the very first invited to all tomorrow's parties.

He IS the Wild Side, so be careful where you walk.



Email reply from Gussy P, former Westie Punk and music trivia god:
The best riffs for Lou Reed were performed by Steve Hunter (Mitch Ryder & Detroit Wheels, Alice Cooper) and Dick Wagner (also Alice Cooper) for the Intro to Sweet Jane. The story goes that the crowd in Germany (I think, Europe at least) went wild for the duo performance. So wild that after the concert Lou said, "I'm the star of the show, the people are here for me. You guys can go back to the states, I'll get someone else." At least that was a rumor from the late '70's. If I knew how, I would try to have that for my ring tone. Although it would be a very long ring tone. Jenny take a ride now, hey hey.
YouTube audio of performance to which Gussy P was referring - here


No comments: