Monday, February 18, 2013

Gussy P takes Johnny K to task...

Former Westie Punks lead vocalist/bassist/songwriter/defensive stopper Gussy P dropped an email response to Johnny K's recent postings:

I'm a little disappointed that you made no mention of the death of DC5 bassist Rick Huxley. They had their run in the mid 60's with their 2 min & 25 sec hits, and the late Mike Smith had one of the best R&R voices of all time (my opinion). But, like my Giants (couldn't beat LA or StL, depending on the year), they were 2nd bananas. Now that I don't follow baseball, the Giants win 2 of the last 3. Unfortunately, no DC5 members have come back to life.

Johnny K reply:
Gus, I was glad all over to see the latest of your always-informative musings about sports, music and the human spirit.  In my defense, the music reference points of our earlier days are dropping like flies!  I'm having trouble keeping up (not to mention yesterday's news about Roger Clemen's underage country songbird- why did she have to shoot the damn dog?).  And now Tony Sheridan goes down at 72.  By the way, what about those persistent rumors of a Westies Punks reunion tour?

No comments: