Friday, April 24, 2009

Rosie came out tonight.....

Bruce, Max, Clarence, Lil Stevie, Nils and the boys came to Hartford tonight and, thanks to Keith 'n Sharie, we had primo seats to see them. Thanks, guys. Got to chow down first, so we go directly to Plan B, without even considering Plan A. Cuban burger /w greens instead of fries. Damage control. Concert is to be at 7:30, which means 8:30, so we park, walk through Bushnell Park (didn't know they stocked the pond, unless those were rats swimming in it) and ease on into Agave for marguaritas (Corona for Sharie) before the show.

Badlands. Excellent start to the show. Lots of energy and it seems everyone is eager to show Bruce they know EVERY word. The guy two rows down takes his sweatshirt off, but exposes his hairy back to all of us. Thanks for sharing, pal. Yuck. We're just left of the stage about 20 rows up. Fantastic. Bruce follows up Badlands with Outlaw Pete off of the new CD (already up on utube, below!).

Not sure I'm buying Pete. Where's Patty? Fell of a horse. Bruce, haven't we heard that one recently? C'mon, buddy, try harder. Oh, alright, she fell off the damn horse. Clarence is looking very frail, no? The Reet informs me the Yankees are down 1-0. Waiting on a Sunny Day

Wild Thing. Yeah, the old Troggs song. I wasn't sure if it was planned or not, but it was cool.


Then:
Well, there she sits buddy justa gleaming in the sun
There to greet a working man when his day is done
I'm gonna pack my pa and I'm gonna pack my aunt
I'm gonna take them down to the Cadillac Ranch

Eldorado fins, whitewalls and skirts
Rides just like a little bit of heaven here on earth
Well buddy when I die throw my body in the back
And drive me to the junkyard in my Cadillac

Cadillac, Cadillac
Long and dark, shiny and black
Open up your engines let 'em roar
Tearing up the highway like a big old dinosaur


Great song, well done! Bruce has lots of James Brown in him. A young, long-haired dude subs in for Mighty Max (Max's kid?) for Radio Nowhere:


Tenth Avenue Freezeout! E Street Shuffle YES! Life is good. No "Sandy" though. Finishing song: Rosalita! Yankees lose. - Eric Dantin's take (including set list)

No comments: