Tuesday, March 17, 2009

When Irish eyes are smiling, Tis like a morn in spring...

I've been a wild rover for many's the year
I've spent all me money on whiskey and beer
But now I'm returning with gold in great store
And I never will play the wild rover no more

And it's No, Nay, never,
No, nay never no more
Will I play the wild rover,
No never no more

I went in to an alehouse I used to frequent
And I told the landlady me money was spent
I asked her for credit, she answered me nay
Such a customer as you I can have any day

Top 'o the mornin' to ya! The Fabulous Farquahr used to do a great version of Wild Rover. Here are the Dropkick Murphys doing it (speaking of wild rovers, Johnny Gumbo is coming back to CT for a visit in a couple weeks - just a warning to hide your wives, daughters, pets and silverware):


  • Ten best Irish movies of all time
  • 10 things you didn't know about Ireland
  • Irish rockers
  • No comments: