Sunday, March 01, 2009

NY Times interview with Lucinda...

Country House
Interview by EDWARD LEWINE
Published: February 25, 2009

  • Memorable rejection: When I first came to L.A. in 1984, CBS in Nashville said I was “too rock for country,” and CBS in L.A. said I was “too country for rock.”
  • Favorite cover: I love Emmylou Harris’s version of my song, “Sweet Old World.” Her intonation is great.
  • Best concert she saw: Back in the 1960s, I saw Peter, Paul and Mary. I was at that age, about 14, and I was mesmerized.
  • Always with her: My glasses. I was trying to wear contacts, but they were irritating me. I have had to come to terms with wearing glasses.
  • Favorite guitar: The one I am playing right now. I’ve had it since 1979.It’s a Martin D-28.I don’t play it onstage. I’ve used it to write just about all the songs I’ve written since then.
  • Misconception about songwriting: That you have to be all messed up and strung out or something to be good at it. We’ve decided that brilliance equals madness, and that isn’t necessarily true. It’s just that the dramatic writers have the higher profile.

    You get the idea....here's the complete interview
  • No comments: