Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Grammys or hey, can I have Chris Brown's seat?...

  • The ever-pompous U2 opens with Bono doing his Bob Dylan/Jack Kerouac/Martin Luther King routine singing a new song "Get on Your Boots" that has some Beatles overtones. Actually, not bad.
  • Liked Justin Timberlake's duet with Rev. Al Green on I'm So In Love With You. Boyz II Men and Keith Urban got the short straws on this hastily assembled substitute for Battlin' Chris Brown.
  • Whitney Houston looked a bit healthier, but weird.
  • Jay-Z popped in out of nowhere to interrupt Coldplay's Chris Martin before Chris joined his band. Just okay.
  • Carrie Underwood is completely forgettable.
  • Jonathan and Garrett will kill me, but I really liked Kid Rock's set of gospel, rap, redneck rock.
  • I actually think taylor Swift has some game. She performs a duet with Miley Cyrus, who does not have game.
  • Robert Plant/Allison Krauss win Best Collaboration (or something). Raising Sand is a GREAT album.
  • Heard the Jonas Brothers for the first time. Wow. They were paired with Stevie Wonder. Lucky Stevie, getting to sing Superstition with such a funky bunch. They (the Grammys) owe you, Stevie. I'm still speechless.
  • Coldplay wins another. Chris Martin walks back down the stairs instead of going backstage. I like this guy.
  • Katie Perry sings I Kissed a Girl. The audience seems underwhelmed.
  • I can live without Kanye West.
  • OMG! Coming up, an historic hip-hop summit. I'm getting sleepy. Why did I decide to this.
  • We discover that Kenny Chesney, who is the country music Jimmy Buffett, is a friend of Morgan Freeman. Who knew.
  • Robert Plant/Allison Krauss/T-Bone Burnett win for Please Read the Letter, a song written by Plant and Jimmy Page post-Led Zep. "We gave it a Nashville touch and it sounds pretty good!"

    I'm going to bed. Let me know what happens with the hip-hop summit. Night! Summary article - grammy.com
  • No comments: