Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More notes on the Farquahr

More notes from Ned
I saw these guys many times at a place called Charlie Bates Saloon, around 78th and 1st in NYC. They were great. Their love song was "My Eggs Don't Taste the Same Without You". Dennis MacGowan was "The Barnswallow". Frank was "Flamingo". I think Doug was "Hummingbird". I actually have their 33 lp album. We hired them to put on a show at my college, CCNY Downtown (now Baruch College). There is even a spread in my 1968 yearbook from this concert. They were really great, and had tons of personality. Dennis and Frank were really fun. They did a great version of The Beatles "With a Little Help From My Friends".

PS Correction....Dennis was "Condor Farquahr". The rest will come to me. - previous notes

Email from Belfrey
I bought the Fabulous Farquahr album back in 1973 (I loved the story on the back cover, about how their family's recipe is now an antifreeze), but I have lost it in my many moves. I wish to God I still had it. I checked the music download services and file sharing and nobody has any of the songs. Also checked for that CD, but no luck. I would love to hear the songs again. If you know anyone who has it, can you send me their email address? - email

No comments: